Contact: Brooke Benschoter
(515) 202-1396 BBenschoter@oakridgeneighborhood.org
For Immediate Release
THE 9th ANNUAL JAZZ, JEWELS & JEANS JUST WEEKS AWAY, RECEIVING DONATIONS
OAKRIDGE NEIGHBORHOOD SERVICES RECEIVES SUPPORT FROM KUM & GO
DES MOINES, IA, Jul. 11, 2018- Oakridge Neighborhood Services has received an Emerald level donation from Kum & Go for the 9th annual Jazz, Jewels & Jeans, the signature fundraiser for Oakridge Neighborhood.
The donation provided by Kum & Go will be used to fund programs including:
- Oak Academy, a high-quality child care designed to prepare children for school readiness.
- Project OASIS, an educationally based after school program for students grades K-5 which focuses on increased math and reading proficiency.
- BE REAL, an enriching Academic and Learning program designed for middle school students ages 13-16; that focuses on literacy skills.
- Along with youth programs, the funds will be used for adult and family programs that serve both residents of Oakridge and the Des Moines metropolitan area.
“We are thrilled to have received financial support from Kum & Go for Jazz, Jewels & Jeans,” said Chief Executive Officer of Oakridge Neighborhood Services Teree Caldwell-Johnson. “The Oakridge mission is to create opportunities and programs for adults, children, and families to succeed and become economically independent and that wouldn’t be possible without donations such as the one provided by Kum & Go for this signature event that raises funds for one of our most impactful programs.”
About Oakridge Neighborhood Services
Oakridge Neighborhood Services is a nonprofit organization serving the Des Moines area with services that provide a wide variety of programs to support and engage residents and community members on their personal paths to self-sufficiency such as housing, youth programs, and adult programs. Oakridge Neighborhood services mission is to provide a safe, secure neighborhood with supportive housing, programs, and services to build and develop the strengths of children, adults, and families moving them toward sustained self-sufficiency and self-reliance.
About Kum & Go
For nearly 60 years, Kum & Go has been dedicated to the communities it serves, sharing 10 percent of its profits with charitable causes, supporting programs that make lasting impacts in youth education & programming, arts & culture, and community betterment. For four generations of the family-owned convenience store chain has focused on providing exceptional service and delivering more than customers expect. For more information on Kum & Go and their legacy of giving please visit kumandgo.com.