Oakridge Neighborhood: A great place to call home
For 45 years, Oakridge Neighborhood has been committed to providing safe, affordable housing to people who need it most.And in that time, we’ve seen the neighborhood evolve into a true community, a place our residents are proud to call home.
With 300 totally renovated apartments—from studios to five-bedroom units—we provide residents not just a place to live, but a place to thrive.
Our apartment homes are comfortable and loaded with amenities:
- Air conditioning, microwaves, washers,and dryers in all units
- Water included in rent
- Dishwashers in all apartments larger than a studio
- Apartments available specifically for residents who are visually impaired or hearing-impaired.
- Wading pool
- Courtyards with tiny-tot playgrounds
- Youth playground
- Two basketball courts
- Immediate access to DART bus line
- 24/7 on-site security
- On-site childcare
Oakridge Neighborhood Services goes far beyond housing. We offer youth programs designed to keep young people on a path to graduation. We offer adult programs designed to help residents find and retain good jobs.
To fully appreciate Oakridge Neighborhood living, we invite you to make an appointment for a tour.
In October 2013, we opened Silver Oaks, a community designed to meet the needs of residents 55 and
older. Silver Oaks apartments feature multiple layouts—from studios to 2-bedroom units—providing
seniors with high-level amenities, affordable rent, a secure building, and convenient access to downtown attractions and businesses.
- Limited-access entry
- Fitness center
- Community rooms—one with fireplace, one with a kitchenette
- Pets welcome (with some restrictions)
- Smoke-free building
- Accessibility to those who are hearing,vision and/or mobility impaired
- Section 8 welcome
- Professionally managed and maintained
- Heated, underground garage stalls available at no extra cost
Each apartment has
- In-home laundry
- Utilities paid (except phone and cable)
- 1st floor bathrooms have zero-entry showers To fully appreciate Silver Oaks living,we invite you to make an appointment for a tour.